Monday, July 22, 2013

My Prince Is Already Here

With the new reality of being single again, I can't help but listen to the advice that people give to singles. One of the phrases that bothers me the most is "Don't worry...one day your Prince will come..." As much hope as this statement provides for those waiting for their spouse, it also completely ignores the fact that our Prince has already came. Jesus Christ has already came to provide love and intimacy that anyone girl desires from a man. He took on the world's sins and died a horrible death because of the love he has for His children. That to me is so crazy, and I cannot wrap my mind around how awesome God's love is. If someone asked me to die for people who would spit on me, mock me, and gruesomely kill me, I would run the other way. However, he didn't do that. He went through all that pain and suffering so that His children could see the love He has for them in hopes that they would seek a relationship with Him. If that is not true love, I don't know what is. Jesus is everyone's ultimate Prince, and He has shown more love than anyone human man could possibly show.  I wasted a lot of time allowing guys to take my Prince's spot and have found that this has only left me empty and regretful. Dropping my standards of a Christian man to temporarily feel some companionship opened my eyes to this realization. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be cynical towards marraige. Do I hope that one day I will be married? Of course. Do I hope that it is sooner rather than later? Yes. Do I hope that this guy will be a devoted Christian man? Absolutely. However, leading to the day I am united with my future husband in marriage, my focus is not to be looking for my "prince." I have already found Him. My goal is to be so focused on my Prince that when He allows another man to step into the picture, that man will understand that he can never take my Prince's spot.

Verse of the week: "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives and that he will stand upon the earth." Job 19:25
Chelsea and I at church

Summer fun :)

1 comment:

  1. "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete