Sunday, April 21, 2013

The countdown begins...

Summer time is coming up and I can barely contain my excitement! I have 10 more days until I take my last final for this semester. I am so ready to be done! This week has been filled with school work, exams, paper writing, and final projects. It has not been the most exciting week to say the least (see picture at the bottom).  However, I did have time to hang with some friends and try some new recipes :) Here are three recipes I tried this week:Cookies BarsPeanut Butter Cup Brownies, and Nutella Cupcakes. They were all three scrumptious and definitely killed the sweet tooth I was having. Speaking of food I HAVE to get back to eating healthy and exercising. I was doing really good at the beginning of the year but have really slacked off lately. Tonight I bought a bunch of healthy groceries and cleaned out my cabinets of the junk food, so I am hoping to get back on track. That means that everyone should help hold me accountable (hint hint). This week I have really discovered the power of prayer. My prayer life is definitely something that should be stronger. This week I have committed to purposefully praying and praying more often than normal. Wow is all I can say about the results. God has definitely proved to me that he hears my prayers and have answered some pretty tough ones. It never ceases to amaze me that we (undeserving sinners) have the opportunity to talk to the Man who created this whole wide world. That we have a direct communication line with the Maker of the Heavens, and He listens and cares about what we are saying. He comforts us when we are sad, calms us down when we are mad, and advises us when we are confused and all we have to do is ask to receive these things. I can only hope that I can be a fraction of a friend to those around me as He is to me. I hope y'all have a great week! Enjoy the picture at the bottom :)

Verse of the week: "But you O Lord are a shield around me; you are my glory, the One who holds my head high."Psalm 3:3


2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I love this post?!
    Let's clear our lives out of the junk food and the junk support. Living on veggies and prayer is true food for the body and for the soul.
    I really love what you said about how gifted we are to be able to pray to the One who made us. Thinking of Catholicism and the Old Covenant lately, we are so blessed that the curtain is torn, and we have uninterrupted access to his caring ear! My, how I take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gracie for you wonderful comment. I cannot agree more with you! I especially like your desciption of "junk support." Thanks for the feedback. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete