Friday, November 29, 2013

Busy as a Bee

I never realized how hard my last semester of college would be. It seems that I always have a million things to do and no motivation to do them. I never really experienced senioritis in high school, but I have gotten my fair share of it this semester. I am taking a class right now called Leadership Communication. The majority of the curriculum for the class consists of us raising money for an organization called Project Search. As a class, we set a goal to raise $15,000 to help fund technology needs for Project Search. Currently, we have raised just a little over $11,000. This class has almost been the death of me many times during the semester. It is a really hard class because there are 27 students who are all trying to work towards the same goal. Although this class has been difficult, it has taught me the importance on relying on others. I believe God gave us the gift of friendship and companionship because it is almost impossible to do life alone. Individually, it would have been impossible to raise $11,000 in less than two months. However, uniting together has caused us to be a force for the good. Despite school and work, I really have done some pretty awesome things the past month. I have traveled the past three weekends, and it is finally nice to be able to stay at home this weekend. I would say that it is nice to be able to sleep in my own bed, but I sold my bed on craigslist to get a bigger bed, and I have not had time to get a new one. However, my couch is super comfy. I am pretty sure I have already put this verse on my blog, but I absolutely love Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you. You only need to be still." I have came to realize how true this verse is in my life the past month. At times sitting still is the hardest thing to do. Being a communication's major, when wrong is done to me, I want to argue about it. However, sometimes it is best to sit back and let the Lord defend me. His ways are always better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment